What to do
- Set up the operating system to your requirements including all patches, etc. Sophos Anti-Virus is the last thing that you add to the image.
- Download the Sophos Anti-Virus.mpkg file from the Enterprise Console Central Installation Directory (CID) to the machine.
- Unplug the network cable (or disconnect the machine from the network).
- Install Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Take your image (without re-connecting to the network).
Because the machine was not connected to the network when Sophos Anti-Virus was installed, Remote Management System (RMS) did not managed to connect to the console and is therefore still in a fresh state. If you then turn these images into NetBoot images, or static images for the machine, the first time they connect to the network, RMS will contact the console.