During the installation of a Sophos product on to Microsoft Windows, the following error is displayed:
Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
First seen in
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
Sophos Control Center
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange
Two essential files used by the Sophos Remote Management System component cannot be located by the installer.
What To Do
- At a computer that is successfully managed from the Enterprise Console or Sophos Control Center, go to:
C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Management System\
- In this folder are two files:
- Copy these two files across to the computer which has the error, and place them in the same folder location:
C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Management System
If the folder is not listed, you should create it.
- Once done, right-click on the Sophos shield icon in the system tray, and select 'Update now'.
- After the update has completed check whether the Remote Management System has been installed.
If the problem persists, refer to article 36097 for troubleshooting installation errors using Microsoft Installer log files..