You can use the command line tools ExportConfig.exe and ConfigCID.exe to centrally configure the filtering of error messages returned by client workstations to Enterprise Console. This is useful if Enterprise Console performance has become affected by huge numbers of reports of a known issue.
These instructions should only be used as a temporary workaround. In the longer term, the original issue should be fixed.
What to do
1. Identify the error code for suppression
Check Enterprise Console for the error code you want to filter out, and make a note of it. For example, e03d0036.
2. Export the configuration file
Use ExportConfig.exe to export your current Sophos Anti-Virus configuration to the file savconf.xml.
3. Edit the configuration file
- Find your savconf.xml file in your Central Installation Directory (CID).
- Open the file savconf.xml in Notepad.
- In the menu bar, select 'Format'. Disable 'Word Wrap'.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the file.
- Just above the tag '</config>', copy and paste in the following text, changing the error code as required (for example, the code 0XE03D0036 suppresses the error code e03d0036 - precede the code with '0X' to indicate hexadecimal format).
Do not insert line breaks.
<inst:install xmlns:inst="http://www.sophos.com/SAVXP/SavInstallConfiguration" xmlns="http://www.sophos.com/SAVXP/SavInstallConfiguration">
<!-- Custom settings for alerting (optional) -->
<!-- Enterprise Console alerts (optional) -->
<!-- Black list of message IDs (optional) -->
- Save the file savconf.xml.
4. Implement the changes
Use ConfigCID.exe to implement the changes you have made.
Reversing the changes
To reverse the changes, update the copy of the file savconf.xml in your CID by deleting the error code entries that you added, but leave the outer tags:
Then re-run ConfigCID.exe. The customization will be removed the next time Sophos Anti-Virus updates.
If you want to exclude multiple errors, use the following XML format: