After making changes to the configuration of Sophos Update Manager, the following error is seen when saving the changes:
The operation failed.
Details: Failed to create a warehouse check action! SDDM returned 0xffffffff
Would you like to use these source details anyway?
First seen in
Sophos Update Manager 22.214.171.124
What to do
Restart the SUM-related Sophos services as follows:
- On the affected server, close the console and open the Windows services list (Start | Run |
services.msc | Press return).
- Stop the Sophos Update Manager service ensure the log on for it is Local System.
- Open Task Manager and ensure that all SophosUpdateMgr.exe processes are ended.
- Start the Sophos Update Manager service.
- Open the Enterprise Console.
- Select View | Update Managers.
- In the Update Managers panel right-click the update manager and select View/Edit Configuration.
- Ensure the Subscription and Distribution tab are configured correctly and click OK.
- Right-click the update manager and select Update Now.
If the issue is not resolved:
- Attempt to restart the Sophos Agent service
- Check the Sophos Agent and SUM Trace logs for errors.
- Run the Sophos Diagnostic Utility (SDU) on the affected server and forward the output file.