How to set up an Air Gap network when there are only MACs available.
Sophos product and version
Sophos Update Manager 2.0
Mac OS X 10.5
What to do
You will require the Sophos Update Manager which can be downloaded by Enterprise customers. You can use this to create a Central Installation Directory (CID), which can then be copied onto the secure network for machines to update from.
- Install and configure the Sophos Update Manager on an internet facing MAC.
- Create a CID (central installation directory) for the SAV for MAC package.
- Copy the CID onto a CD or memory stick.
- Create a share on a network resource within the secure network.
- Copy the contents of the CID into the share.
- Point all machines to update from the share.