Following an upgrade from Enterprise Console version 3 to version 4, and the migration of the Sophos Update Manager (SUM), the link provided on the dashboards fails to remove EM library from the dashboard.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 4.0.0
This issue occurs if you have not applied the new updating policy to all groups.
What To Do
- In the Groups panel, select and View each group in turn. This will indicate which groups are using the old updating policy. Each of these groups must have the new updating policy assigned.
- In the Server Group Details window,
- deselect 'Legacy updating'
- from the 'Updating' dropdown, select the new Enterprise Console 4 policy.
- Check that the client computers are updating from the correct policy.
- Click the EM library Update link on the dashboard. Select 'No'.
- A warning is displayed. click 'OK'. This will remove the link.
- If EM Library information has successfully been removed: Go to Add/Remove programs to remove EM library, then if necessary tidy the legacy folders, e.g. on C:\ etc
If you are still unable to remove EM Library information from the console follow the instructions below.
- Close the console.
- Open the registry editor (Start | Run | Type:
regedit.exe | Press return).
- Backup HKLM\Software\Sophos
- Create the following key
Note: The space in “Enterprise Manager” is significant. There is another key named “EnterpriseManager” which may be present on the enterprise console server. Please leave this key.
- Re-open the console.
- Select Tools | Manage Libraries and you should now be given the opportunity to remove the legacy updating policies.
- Click the EM library Update link on the dashboard. Select 'No'. A warning is displayed. click 'OK'. This will remove the link.
- Go to Add/Remove programs to remove EM library, then if necessary tidy the legacy folders, e.g. on C:\ etc.
- Reopen the Enterprise Console and note that the references to the EM Library are gone.