When attempting to open Enterprise Console or Sophos Control Center, you see one (or more) of the following errors:
Management server connection failed
Could not connect to the Management Server.
This may be due to one of the following:
• Local network problems
• Management service has stopped on the server
• Your database service has stopped.
Either attempt to reconnect or close the application.
Attempting to reconnect may take a few minutes.
80040154 Class not registered
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Enterprise Console 4.0.0
Sophos Control Center 4.1
Sophos Control Center 4.0.0
What To Do
- On the database server, click Start | Run
- Type services.msc and press the enter key.
- Look for the Sophos Management Service.
If the service is not listed, it is likely that you installed only the console component of the software. Remove and reinstall the console as described in the instructions below 'To fix this problem'
If this service is listed and cannot be started, please continue to Could not start the Management Service... 0x80004005: Unspecified error' when starting Sophos Management Service.
To fix this problem:
- In Add/Remove Programs, click select Sophos Control Center (or Enterprise Console). When asked what change you'd like to make, select Remove.
- When the software is removed, run the Sophos Control Center (or Enterprise Console) installation program again and select 'Full' installation.