The article is to provides additional information on the status 'not cleanable'. This is not an all inclusive article so there may be other causes to this issue. If in doubt as to cause of the status please contact support.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
What To Do
When a detected threat shows 'not cleanable' there is no option in the console to then remove the malware from the computer.
- To attempt to resolve this right click on the computer in the console and click on Full system scan.
- Once the scan is complete reattempt the cleanup. If the clean up status is still 'not cleanable' then check the path in the details column within Resolve Alerts and Errors
- If the path is a remote location then run a Full system scan on the host of the network share.
- If the detected threat is local to the computer where the alert occurred then the option to move or delete may be available on the local endpoint security and control installation. Remote into the client computer and access the quarantine manager to attempt to delete the threat.
- Alternatively create a scheduled scan with delete as the cleanup option.
- If none of the above options allow for the threat to be cleaned then submit the file to the Sophos Labs as per article 11490.