When you open Sophos Control Center, version 2, you see the following error:
HRESULT: 0x80007005 (Access denied)
void __thiscall EMLibrary::CreateSmtEmLibObject(void)
Sophos product and version
Sophos Control Center, version 2
All supported platforms
This error may occur when the Sophos share has been renamed, or the Everyone Full Control access permissions have been changed.
What to do
- Go to the SCC folder (by default this is C:\Program Files\Sophos\SCC).
- Right-click on 'Library' and go to 'Sharing and Security'.
- On the Sharing tab, ensure that the following details are set:
- Share name = Sophos
- User limit = maximum allowed
- Permissions = Everyone with Full Control
- If your settings are different, change them to those above. If the settings are the same, unshare the folder and then reshare it with the same details as above.
- On the Security tab, make sure that Administrators have Full Control, for test purposes you can add Everyone Full Control.
- Ensure that EM.XML has been updated in SCC\Remote Management System\, to do this restart the Sophos EMLibUpdate Agent service, after 10-15 seconds this file should updated in this location.