The following message is shown in your console:
- One or more endpoint computers report to the console:
0000006d Restart needed for updates to take effect
In the computer ALC.log file you see the following:
WARNING: Restart needed for updates to take effect
First seen in
Enterprise Console 3.0
The client software is requesting a reboot to fully complete the update of all components.
What to do
It is recommended that you reboot as soon as it is convenient for you to do so. Unless otherwise stated, protection is maintained until you restart.
Following the restart, on the next update the reboot message in the console should be cleared.
- This typically occurs five minutes after the service: 'Sophos AutoUpdate Service' starts.
- It is recommended that you also check that the 'Last message time' from the computer is recent (post reboot) to ensure that Sophos Remote Management System (RMS) is functioning correctly. This can be found either when viewing the details of the computer or in your console, or under the 'Computer Details' tab.
- If however, the computer still requesting a restart, please remove the following 'VolatileFlags' registry key and then force an 'Update now':
- 32-bit: HKLM\Software\Sophos\AutoUpdate\UpdateStatus\VolatileFlags
- 64-bit: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sophos\AutoUpdate\UpdateStatus\VolatileFlags
Advisory: Sophos Endpoint Security and Control version 10.3.7