In previous versions of Sophos Anti-Virus (6.x and lower), when a major upgrade was made to the computer, it would by default request a reboot and display a message to the end user for 30 seconds. The reboot is needed to implement new functionality in the upgraded version.
In Sophos Anti-Virus v7.x and higher this reboot message is off by default. The instructions below explain how to re-suppress the reboot dialog if you have enabled it again by following article 114123.
What to do
You can suppress the reboot on a single computer (or small number of computers) or suppress it for a large group of endpoints updating from one distribution share.
- To suppress the reboot on a very few computers, edit the file imon.cfg.
- To suppress the reboot over a network, edit the file sauconf.xml.
Suppressing the reboot on one or two computers
- On the computer involved, browse to imon.cfg (usually C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\imon.cfg).
- Open imon.cfg in Notepad.
- Add the following line at the bottom:
ShowRebootDialog : 0
- Save the file.
Suppressing the reboot over a network
Note: Perform the following for each updating location. Create a separate sauconf.xml for each CID.
- Use ExportConfig.exe to create a sauconf.xml file.
- Open sauconf.xml in Notepad.
- In the menu bar, select 'Format' and disable 'Word Wrap'.
- Scroll down to the
<AUConfig platform="Falcon" section.
- Just after the text
<bootstrap Location=" " UsePrimaryServerAddress="true"></bootstrap> paste in the following text:
<monitor AllowLocalConfig="true" ShowRebootDialog="false" />
Insert this before the closing </AUConfig> tag. Do not insert any line breaks.
- Save the file sauconf.xml.
- Use ConfigCID.exe to implement the changes you have made.
Note: Similar to the local fix, once completed a client updating from this CID will then have a value of ShowRebootDialog : 0 in C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\imon.cfg