Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux/Unix 9.x provides enhanced features including:
- Automatic updating
- Centralized management
- GUI interface (Linux only)
- On-Access scanning (Linux only)
- Scheduled scanning
- LiveProtection cloud technology (Linux only)
- E-mail alerting
If you are running Sophos Anti-Virus version 4.x and you want to upgrade to Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux/UNIX 9.x, carry out the following procedure.
What to do
Sophos recommends that you install the new version before removing version 4.x. There is no conflict between the two products, and installing in this way ensures that your computers are protected at all times.
- Before you start, ensure that your computers satisfy the system requirements for Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux/UNIX.
- Install Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux/UNIX. Installation instructions are given in a knowledgebase article, or can be found in the Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux startup guide.
- When you have completed the installation, you should uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus version 4.x