This article describes how to install the standalone version of Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux & UNIX version 9.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Unix
Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux
What To Do
Before you start, ensure that your computers satisfy the system requirements for this product.
You can obtain Sophos Anti-Virus either by download from the Sophos website or by performing a managed installation from Sophos Enterprise Console. Note: For instructions on installing the Enterprise Console (managed) version see article 118283.
Download (Standalone Installation)
1. Log in to http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/downloads.aspx with your MySophos username and password. If you do not have a MySophos account please see article 111195
2. Within the 'Standalone Installers' section, select either:
- Anti-Virus for Linux - For all supported Linux platforms
- Anti-Virus for Managed UNIX - For AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX. (Central management is entirely optional)
3. Download the relevant tarball for your platform and copy it to a temporary directory. For example
4. Change to the temporary directory and untar the tarball. For example:
tar -xzvf tarball
5. Run the install script:
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
7. When prompted for the type of auto-update you require, select 'Sophos'. Enter the username and password that are included with your license. (Note, this is not your MySophos credentials).
For further assistance on installing and configuring Sophos Anti-Virus, please see the Startup Guide and Configuration Guide.