SafeGuard Removable Media 2.0
Windows XP SP2 Professional Edition
How can the event logging of SafeGuard RemovableMedia be activated and what kind events are logged?Answer
The logging functionality of SafeGuard Removable Media can be activated using the ADM file integrated within the Administration components of the installation.
To integrate the ADM file please follow the instructions below.
1. Switch to the local group policy management via Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc
2. Right click on the Administrative Templates hive under Computer Configuration or User Configuration and chose "Add/Remove Templates..."
3. Using the Add button navigate to the SafeGuard ADM file stored under C:\Program Files\Utimaco\ADM and import it.
4. SafeGuard RemovableMedia will be stored under \Administrative Templates\SafeGuard. Simply activate the appropriate setting under Event Log
After activating these setting SafeGuard Removable Media will log the following events:
- Create Key (add key)
- Backup success and failure
- Restore success and failure
- Change encryption policy's for drives
- Error: Key ring not available
- Error: Driver not available