Error 41 appears when executing SGLCAPI. The Security Officer (SO) login fails.
Since Hotfix 22.214.171.124, error 41 is returned (by the API function LogonSO) when an SO who does not have access to a key for the database logs on to SafeGuard LanCrypt. The database key is available to SOs who have Create Profile permissions and is also available to MSOs.
This can occur if the SO was created via the API (before Hotfix 126.96.36.199). The master key table shows no value within MK_SKENC, only NULL can be found.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration Hotfix 188.8.131.52
All supported operating systems
What to do
If this issue occurs for only a small number of SOs, use the following work around:
- Open the SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration window, and under Central Settings select Security Officer Administration.
- In the right hand pane, select the required Security Officer.
- In the SO's Properties window, select the Global Permissions tab.
- Deselect Create Profiles, and then click Apply | OK.
- Select Create Profiles, and then click Apply | OK.
If many SOs are affected by this, you can solve this issue via the API and the function SetSOPermissions(), using a script.