This article explains how to create an Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) link for a SQL database in combination with SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration.
IMPORTANT: SafeGuard LAN Crypt Client version 3.13 and SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration 3.30 retired on September 30th 2010. We recommend you update your version as soon as possible. For further information please contact your Sophos sales representative.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration
What To Do
The stages required are:
- Create a database on the database server1.
- Create a ODBC link to this database.
- Finally configure the administration to use this ODBC link.
1You can also use an existing database on the database server in which case the LAN Crypt tables will be created in the existing database.
Creating an Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) link
- Select Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Double click on Data Sources (ODBC)
- Choose System DSN and click on the "Add" tab to create a new ODBC source or "Configure" an existing ODBC source.
- Enter the name of the data source
- Configure your authentication method
- Choose your database
- Select finish