Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption 4.60
Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Windows XP SP3
What kind of password rules are implemented in Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption?
Rules implemented in Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption
- Password minimum length (configurable)
- Password expires every n days (configurable)
- Password history of up to 16 generations (configurable)
- User account expiry after a specific date (configurable)
- Fixed maximum password length of 16 (hard coded)
- Rejection of keyboard rows (hard coded)
- Rejection of passwords consisting 50% or more of the same character (hard coded)
- Fixed maximum user name length of 16 (hard coded)
To increase the effectiveness of passwords you can require a mixture of letters and numbers (and/or symbols).
The number entered is always a minimum value.
Symbols are special characters such as * # !"§$%&/() etc.
Opposite Case means that exactly the specified number of capital letters and lower case letters must be used in the password.