You see the following on your system:
- SafeGuard Management Center displays an error message warning that your license has been exceeded.
- You cannot deploy any new policies, and changes made to policies are not received by the endpoints.
- In the SafeGuard Management Center, under the license section, you see red crosses are displayed in the Status column, alongside the affected modules. In addition, a message is displayed informing you that the license is exceeded, and the consequences of this. For example, the number of licenses or the period of validity set in the license has been exceeded and therefore the deployment of policies to the SafeGuard clients is disabled.
- The policy "Uninstallation allowed" is set to "no". Thus, you cannot uninstall any client to free up licenses again.
This indicates that you have exceeded your license, either in terms of numbers or time limit.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Management Center
What To Do
- Create a new Specific Machine Settings policy and set "Uninstallation allowed" to "Yes".
- Create a new client configuration package containing this policy.
- Install the new client configuration package on the client.
This will enable you to uninstall SafeGuard from the client machine, as in this situation no new policies are received from the SafeGuard Management Centre, which would overwrite a locally applied policy.
Full information about Licenses, warnings, and tolerance levels, is available in the SafeGuard Enterprise Administrator Help guide.