SafeGuard Enterprise client: How to perform a boot from external media after POA.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Device Encryption
All supported Operating Systems
What To Do
- The BIOS of the computer must be set to the correct boot order, e.g. CD-ROM (first boot device), Hard Drive (second boot device) etc. On some machines it is necessary to define it the other way round.
- A Policy must have been applied already that allows "boot to external device" ("boot to hard disk only" set to NO).
- Insert CD in the CD-ROM drive.
- Press F9 (or F12 or option key to execute Boot Menu). Depending on the BIOS of the machine this might be a different key.
- Selectthe oprion to boot from hard drive.
- The POA will come up. Login in with the correct username and password.
- Select 'Options' and choose 'Boot to External Media'.
- You will see SafeGuard loading. As soon as you see 'Boot from CD-ROM, press any key' message, press any key.
The system will now be booting to/from the external media. If booting from external media does not work for recovery scenarios, you can use the 'boot from external media before POA' option.