How to use an Aladdin eToken / RSA SID800 token for authentication on a SafeGuard Easy 5.50 (SGE) Client.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard Easy 22.214.171.124
all supported OS versions
What To Do
The required policies to enable token logon at POA (Power on Authentication) level can be downloaded here:
These policies need to be restored in the SafeGuard PolicyEditor and applied to the corresponding SGE Client by creating and installing a new Client Configuration Package.
- Open the SafeGuard Policy Editor.
- Restore the two required policies (one "machine settings" and one "authentication" policy)
Important: After importing the policy do not change the Logon mode policy setting.
- Create a new policy group that includes the two policies instead of the corresponding policies of the same type (!) and add your remaining customized policies.
- Create a new Client Configuration Package that contains the new policy group as described in the SafeGuard Easy 5.50 Manual.
- Install the new Client Configuration Package on the SafeGuard Easy 5.50 Client.
Please Note: At Operating System level, the middleware of the corresponding token vendor is required. Supported middleware Versions: Aladdin eToken PKI Client Version 5.1, SP1 RSA Authenticator Client Version 2.01
This procedure will be obsolete as of SafeGuard Easy 5.60, because Token logon will be re-enabled as a selectable option in the SafeGuard Easy 5.60 Policy Editor User Interface.