SafeGuard Easy multi-platform 4.5x
Windows 2000, Windows XP
Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Standard Edition
How can I configure SafeGuard Easy to request a user at fist logon to change user-id and password?
1. Open the SafeGuard Easy administration with appropriate rights to configure User-settings.
2. Select the user tab in the left part of the window.
3. Go to the “user” section on the right side of the window.
4. Configure the “Template” option to “rename” the User-Id “User”. (You can either configure this setting to “copy” if more than one user should be able to create a “new” user account at first time logon.) Keep in mind, the “new” user gets the settings configured for this account.
5. Make sure the option "Change password at next logon" is set to "yes". This requests the user to change the password after selecting a new User-Id. Keep in mind: the user must enter the User-Id "user" and the appropriate password before being able to select new credentials. Normally the person which installs SafeGuard Easy sets the initial password for the User-Id "user" during setup.
6. Save the settings.
7. Next time a user logs on to the SafeGuard Easy Pre-Boot-Authentication (PBA) with User-Id "user", he or she will be requested to select a new User-Id and a new password.