This article provides information on using SafeGuard Disk Encryption for Mac when installed on a computer running Apple Boot Camp.
First seen in
Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption for Mac 5.50.1
A Boot Camp partition cannot be set up after Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption for Mac has been installed. Therefore, if you require a Boot Camp partition, you must set it up before installing our encryption software.
After installing Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption for Mac do not:
- Set up or remove Boot Camp.
- Change or resize the partition layout.
Changing the default Operating System (boot order)
You must use the functionality provided by Sophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption to change the boot order. You cannot change the default operating system with the Windows Boot Camp Control Panel nor with OS X Startup Disk Utility.
You can set the default operating system to OS X in the following ways:
- With the user interface:
- Open SafeGuard Disk Management.
- From the Edit menu select 'Boot this operating system by default'.
- Type an administrator's name and password to allow SafeGuard Disk Encryption for Mac to make changes.
- With the 'Terminal' application:
Open a Terminal and enter:
sudo sgadmin --set-boot
Running SafeGuard Enterprise for Windows on a Mac
SafeGuard Enterprise for Windows does not support Apple hardware and cannot be installed in a Windows Boot Camp environment. This restriction is valid until explicitly stated otherwise in the SafeGuard Enterprise for Windows documentation.