A Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems anti-virus server is a computer on which the Sophos Anti-Virus service for on-access scanning of the Network Applications filer has been installed. This computer should ideally be a Windows NT 4, Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 server, although Windows XP Professional workstations can also be used (servers are optimised for remote file access).
On this computer:
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 and Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems are installed
- On-access scanning is enabled
- Desktop messaging and the InterCheck server are disabled
- On-access scanning must check all file types
- All infected items must be quarantined in an area accessible to anti-virus administrators only.
The Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems Startup guide contains details of system requirements, installation and configuration.