This article describes how to make sure the correct APNS certificate is being renewed for the Sophos Mobile Control server, if there are several valid certificates displayed in the Apple Push Certificates Portal.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control
How to make sure the correct APNS certificate is renewed
Retrieving the identifier of your APNS certificate currently uploaded to SMC
The first step requires you to obtain the identifier of your current APNS certificate. You can get this by using the following steps:
- Connect to your Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) server
- Log into the web console using an administrative account of the customer for which the APNS certificate should be renewed.
- Go to "Settings | System setup"
- The "iOS settings" tab should be displayed
- Make a note of the value displayed next to "topic". This is the identifier of your APNS certificate being in use.
Finding the correct certificate in the Apple Push Certificates Portal
As you now know the identifier of your APNS certificate, you have to find out which is the corresponding certificate in the Apple Push Certificates Portal. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Connect to the APNS Portal and log in with the Apple ID used to initially create your APNS certificate
Note: Do not use Internet Explorer to connect to this website.
- The Certificates overview is displayed
- To find the correct certificate, press the small "Info" button next to the "Renew" button
- In the appearing pop-up, you will find an entry "Subject DN".
- Compare the value displayed next to "UID" with the topic you copied from the SMC console. If they are the same, you have found the correct certificate.
- Use the description in article 118926 to renew the APNS certificate.
118926 - How to renew an APNS certificate for Sophos Mobile Control