I have installed Sophos Mobile Control 4.0 using a trial license.
After purchasing the product, I have received a license.sql file for download.
When running the License Update Wizard, I am asked to enter an activation key, which I do not have.
How can I update my Sophos Mobile Control license?
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control 4.0
What To Do
To successfully update your license, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Operating System where Sophos Mobile Control is installed on.
- Download the license.sql file from the link specified in your license schedule.
- Copy the file to the %MDM_HOME%\INSTALLATION (C:\Program Files x86\Sophos\Sophos Mobile Control\Installation\) folder overwriting the existing file
- Run the Sophos Mobile Control Configuration Wizard (shortcut available from the Start Menu on the server) and stop the Sophos Mobile Control service
- Skip the database configuration and continue with completing the wizard (no changes required)
- The license file should now be imported into the database
- Start the Sophos Mobile Control service again
After following the above steps, the new license should be applied correctly.