Error while uploading renewed APNS certificate : P12 creation failed: Loading 'screen' into random state - done 1024 semi-random bytes loaded
No certificate matches private key
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
Every time the APNS Wizard is started, a new private key is generated.
This is caused by the .plist file not being uploaded into the Apple Portal and therefore used the "old" MDM_Sophos Limited_Certificate.pem.
What To Do
To resolve this issue go through the following steps:
- Run the APNS Certificate Wizard.
- Enter Company and Country.
- Go to "https://identity.apple.com/pushcert" and login with the Apple ID.
- Press the "Renew" button for the certificate the customer created.
- Upload the new .plist file located in the "Upload to Apple" folder.
- Once renewed, press the "Download" button.
- Save the file in the "PEM from Apple" folder without changing the file name.
- Press the "Next" button.
- Specify a password and confirm.
- The APNS Wizard will now finish correctly.
How to renew an APNS certificate for Sophos Mobile Control