One or more Sophos Update Managers (SUM) have not updated to version 1.5.1. This may result in clients not being protected with the latest software and computers reporting an up to date state of 'Unknown' in Enterprise Console.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Update Manager
There may be a number of reasons why one or more of your SUMs has not updated to the latest version; please follow this article to identify and where necessary fix the out of date computers.
What To Do
Locating out of date SUMs
- Open Enterprise Console.
- Switch to the 'Update managers' view.
- The 'Version' column reports the version of SUM installed on the remote computer. All versions should be 1.5.1. For each computer not running 1.5.1 see the 'Fixing out of date SUMs' section below.
Note: Please repeat the above operation for each Sophos Enterprise management server you may have in your enterprise to ensure all SUMs are checked.
Fixing out of date SUMs
- Check that the computer running SUM is correctly messaging back to the Sophos management server.
Note: The 'Update managers' list view details both the 'Last updated' time and 'Download status', both should be a recent time in line with your configured updating interval.
- Check for any outstanding alerts against the SUM in Enterprise Console, for example the computer may simply require a restart to complete a previous upgrade.
- More detailed checks may require access to the computer and include:
- Checking the SUM self-update log file:
- Windows 2008 and later: 'C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Update Manager\Working\Decoded-SDDM\[GUID]\SUMSelfUpdaterLog.txt'
- Windows 2003: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Update Manager\Working\Decoded-SDDM\[GUID]\SUMSelfUpdaterLog.txt'
- Checking the Windows Application Event log for errors regarding previous SUM installation attempts.
After locating and fixing any SUMs, ensure that they correctly report as 1.5.1 in the update managers list view.