This article provides details on how to create a scheduled scan. For details on the various scan settings that can be configured see article 63985.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What To Do
A scheduled scan can be set via Sophos Enterprise Console (and applied to individual or multiple machines at once) or on the local endpoint in Sophos Endpoint Security and Control.
Method 1 - Via Sophos Enterprise Console
- Open the Sophos Anti-virus and HIPS policy
- In the 'Scheduled scanning' area click 'Add...'
- Give the scan a name for reference
- In the section titled 'What to scan'
- Select the desired targets for the scan
- In the section titled 'When scan occurs'
- Select the days you wish to run the scan on and modify the scan start time as required.
- If you wish to configure further scanning and cleanup settings (as described in article 63985) then select 'Configure..'
- Click OK
- You should now see the newly created scan listed in the 'Scheduled scanning' section of the Anti-Virus and HIPS policy'. Click OK.
- Apply the policy to the desired groups to push the scheduled scan setting to endpoint computers.
Method 2 - Via Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
On the local endpoint:
- Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
- Under 'Anti-Virus and HIPS, click on 'Scans'
- Click 'Set up a new scan'
- Give the scan a name and select the locations you wish to scan
- If you wish to configure further scanning and cleanup settings (as described in article 63985) then select 'Configure this scan' located near the bottom.
- Click 'Schedule this scan' at the bottom of the window
- Select 'Enable schedule'
- Select the days you wish to run the scan on and modify the scan start time as required
- Enter the username and password which the scheduled scan will run as
- Select 'OK'
- Select 'Save'