This article provides information regarding Sophos Endpoint Security and Control version 10.3.7 being made available as the 'Recommended' and 'Extended' package from 15th April 2014.
Note: This article is linked to from Sophos Messenger in order to keep Sophos administrators up to date with the latest information.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Enterprise Manager
Sophos Control Center
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
Information about the 10.3.7 release to 'Recommended' and 'Extended'
- The update from 10.3.1 (the previous 'Recommended' version) and 10.2.9 (the previous 'Extended' version) to 10.3.7 release is approximately 140† Megabytes in size, depending on installed components; this is in part due to the following changes:
- The Sophos Anti-Virus version information displayed in Sophos Endpoint Security and Control and Sophos consoles is also receiving a minor change. For more details, see article 120491.
What To Do
No action is required unless you need to control the roll-out of this version.
If you have a license other than those listed below...
- Sophos Anti-Virus - Business
- Sophos Endpoint Protection - Business
- Sophos Anti-Virus - Small Business Edition (SBE)
- Sophos Computer Security - Small Business Edition (SBE)
- Sophos Security Suite - Small Business Edition (SBE)
...you can delay the upgrade by performing the following in Enterprise Console:
- Change the 'Recommended' package to the 'Previous Recommended' package before April.
- Before May revert this change to upgrade to 10.3.7. The 'Previous Recommended' package will also be upgraded to 10.3.7 in May.
- Change the 'Extended' package to the 'Previous Extended' package before April.
- Before July revert this change to upgrade to 10.3.7. The 'Previous Extended' package will also be upgraded to 10.3.7 in July.
...you can pro-actively manage the upgrade by performing the following in Enterprise Console:
- Subscribe to the 'Preview' package when 10.3.7 is made available.
- Once your clients have updated, you can then revert back to the 'Recommended' or 'Extended' package after 10.3.7 is published as 'Recommended and 'Extended' in April.
If you have one of the Business licenses listed above you can only have one subscription and so cannot choose the newer version. You will therefore receive the update as part of the automatic upgrade process.
Note: Information on our release calendar is available in article: 120189.