When using Enterprise Console to deploy the Sophos Compliance Control component it fails. At the client being deployed to, the log file: '%temp%\Sophos ES setup.log' contains the line:
[TimeStamp] PM,ERROR,The NAC server URL '<UrlConfiguration><url' is not valid.,
First seen in
Enterprise Console 5.2.1 R2
The '-url' command line argument to setup.exe is passed within XML, rather than the expected single URL, e.g. 'http://nacserver'.
- This issue is only seen on upgrade to Enterprise Console 5.2.1 R2 if you have, via the Tools menu either configured the NAC URL or Mobile Control URL.
- Command line installs of the client software are not affected.
What To Do
- Obtain the correct NAC URL for your environment, e.g. http://NACServer
- Update the SOPHOS521 database to contain just the URL of the NAC Server rather than the XML data. To do so, run the following command (all one line) on the SQL server:
SQLCMD -E -S .\SOPHOS -d SOPHOS521 -Q "UPDATE LatestData SET Data='http://NACServer' WHERE DataSource='NAC URL'
Note: The above command assumes a SOPHOS named SQL Server instance is being used and the NAC Server URL in the above case is http://NACServer. Change this accordingly.
- Test deploying Sophos Compliance Control agent to a client.
Important: Changing either the NAC URL or the Mobile Control URL after correcting the value using the above steps will require the steps to be repeated.