This article lists which configurations on iOS devices are only configurable if the device is in the supervised mode.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
iOS 6 or higher
Sophos Mobile Control - Overview of iOS configurations only available in supervised mode.
Single app mode
Using this setting you can enable one app on the iOS device. All other settings and apps are deactivated.
Web content filter
In this setting you can define a black or whitelist of URLs for the Safari browser.
Global HTTP Proxy
Here you can set a global HTTP proxy which is used for all outgoing communication for this device.
Within the Restrictions you can allow or deny the following settings if the device is in the supervised mode.
- Allow Siri querying content from the web
- Force Siri profanity filter
- Allow Game Center
- Allow find my friends modification
- Allow host pairing
- Allow AirDrop
- Allow iBook Store
- Allow explicit sexual content in iBook Store
- Allow users to install configuration profiles
- Allow iMessage
- Allow app removal
- Allow modification of cellular data usage per app
- Allow account modification
Please note that the above configurations can only be successfully deployed if the iOS device is in the supervised mode. The steps required to make a device 'supervised' are described in our knowledgebase article 120025.