Sophos Anti-Virus Linux/Unix endpoints fail to update from a WebCID hosted on a Windows Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.x Webserver, the error listed on the endpoint is similar to the following:
Failed to download 'http://webserver/UpdateManager/CIDs/S000/savlinux/sav-linux/common/bin/_/savsetup': no such file. Please check PrimaryUpdateSourcePath.
Failed to replicate from all update sources
When attempting to access the WebCID URL listed on the endpoint the following error is presented:
HTTP Error 404.8 - Not Found
The request filtering module is configuerd to deny a path in the URL that contains a hiddenSegment.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Unix
Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux
The IIS security feature Request Filtering has detected the Hidden segment 'bin' in the URL and denied access. More information: http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/security/requestfiltering
What To Do
Disable the Hidden segment rule for 'bin' on the WebCID Virtual Directory:
Note: The 'bin' segment rule should only be removed from the Virtual Directory being used by your Sophos WebCID.
- On the Start menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type inetmgr and then click OK.
- Expand the Sites category under the Server and navigate to the Virtual Directory being used to serve the Sophos WebCID.
- Once the folder is selected, on the middle pane, enter Request Filtering.
- Switch to the Hidden segments tab.
- Locate 'bin' from the list, right click this entry and select Remove.
- Perform another update on the endpoint, this should now succeed.