This article explains how to determine the 'Endpoint ID' of a computer managed by Sophos Cloud or UTM. Support may ask you to locate this information in order to trace messages for a given computer.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
UTM Managed Endpoint (Windows 2000+)
What To Do
- Option 1
- On the Sophos Cloud managed computer, locate the MCS client log file: MCSClient.log.
- Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad and locate the 'INFO' line containing the following text:
The endpoint identity is
Note: If you can't find the text, please check the previous log files that have been rotated.
- Following the text will be a unique GUID that represents the client.
- Option 2
- On the Sophos Cloud managed computer, locate the log file 'EndpointIdentity.txt'. This can be found under the following locations:
- XP/2003: 'C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application data\Sophos\Management Communication System\Endpoint\Persist'
- Windows Vista and later: C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Management Communication System\Endpoint\Persist'
- Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- The text will be a unique GUID that represents the client.
- Open the 'Keychain Access' application in 'Applications' | 'Utilities'.
- Locate the 'Sophos' keychain.
- Double-click on the 'Sophos Cloud Credentials' item; the 'Attributes' tab shows the endpoint id as the "Account" attribute.