Your company email is not updated on your Windows Phone 8 device and when attempting to access your email account, you see an error similar to the following:
Last updated 4 hours ago
There is a problem with the way mobilecontrol.sophos.com is set up.
Contact a support person or your service provider.
Last tried about an hour ago
Error code: 85010004
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
This error occurs if the device is not compliant with the expected settings on the server and the device has not synced for more than a day. Possibly the device did not trigger the automatic sync or the phone was unable to connect or contact the server due to network problem or settings.
What To Do
As soon as you sync the device the problem should be resolved. In settings/company apps for smc there is an action to sync with the server.
Note: A sync can only be triggered from the device (either automatically or manually) and not by the smc server.
On your device:
- Open 'Settings' and on the 'system' list (default) scroll down to 'company apps'.
- Select 'company apps' and then select 'Sophos Mobile Control'.
- At the bottom of the screen select the sync button:
- Wait for the sync to complete. You should allow a few minutes for the server to respond to the sync and the device to comply any new settings. You can then attempt to access your email.
What to do if the error keeps occurring
If the steps above resolve the issue for a while but after a day or two the issue returns enable the advanced Wi-Fi option that keeps the Wi-Fi connection active even when the screen times out:
- Open 'Settings' and on the 'system' list (default) scroll down to 'WiFi'.
- Select 'WiFi' and then select 'advanced'.
- Check the option 'Keep WiFi on when screen times out'.