Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s):
Sophos UTM Software Appliance 8.311
Sophos UTM Software Appliance 8.310
Sophos UTM Software Appliance 8.309
ASG V7, ASG V8, UTM 9
In software or virtual UTMs, it is not possible to use the 'one touch upgrade' feature to update your UTM from v8 to v9. In order to update, you'll need to follow the process indicated in this article.
What to do:
First, obtain a backup of your UTM's configuration:
- In the WebAdmin, go to Management | Backup/Restore.
- Scroll down to the section entitled 'Create backup'.
- Click 'Create backup now'.
- A new backup will appear at the top of the list above. Click on the download (blue arrow) icon next to it.
- If you would like to encrypt the backup, check 'Encrypt before downloading' and enter a password.
- Click 'Download backup', and then choose a location on your client to save it to.
Next, you'll need to reimage your UTM. Download links for the lastest version of UTM9 ISO can be found at http://download.astaro.com/UTM/v9/. For instructions on reimaging the device, please consult the following KB article:
Once you have UTM v9 installed, login to the WebAdmin. Upon first login, you'll reach the setup wizard. Instead of going through the wizard, choose to import the configuration from backup, and use the backup file you created previously.