Sophos Enterprise Console pre-requisites states that Sophos Update Manager is already installed when it has been removed. You see the 'System Property Checks' error:
Sophos Update Manager is already installed. Please uninstall it before continuing.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 5.1.0
After uninstalling Sophos Update Manager sometimes an 'Upgrade Code' is left behind in the Windows registry. This Upgrade Code is detected by the Console installer to see if Sophos Update Manager is still installed.
What To Do
The steps below involve using Microsoft's Process Monitor tool to capture the location of the registry key being detected by the installer and then delete that key. These steps assume your are familiar with Process Monitor and have downloaded a copy already. For more information on Process Monitor see article 119038. Before editing the Windows registry see article 10388.
- Run the Setup.exe for the Enterprise Console, get to the screen before the pre-requisites
- Run ProcMon.exe
- Click on the 'File' menu and make sure 'Capture All Events' is selected
- Go back to the installer and move on to the pre-requisite page. You will see a window stating the Sophos Update Manager is still installed.
- Stop capturing with Process Monitor.
- Filter your results by 'Process Name' setup.exe, and 'Operation' regopenkey.
- You will see a path similar to this:
- Open regedit and navigate to the key.
- Delete the registry key found
- Cancel out of Setup.exe and Start Setup.exe again. The installation should now proceed past the pre-requisites