This article describes how to remove Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac.
Important: The steps in this article does not apply to Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition (free version). To uninstall the Home Edition see this forum post.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X
What To Do
Important: The steps in this article does not apply to Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition (free version). To uninstall the Home Edition, see this forum post.
You will need to enter an administrator username and password to run the uninstaller.
- Make sure that an update is not currently being performed. You can check this by clicking the Sophos shield in the menu bar and ensuring 'Updating...' is not shown. Example:
If an update is currently in progress wait for it to complete before continuing.
- In a Finder window browse to Macintosh HD | Library | Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Double-click the file to remove Sophos Anti-Virus according to the version you have installed:
- Version 8 - 'Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.pkg'
- Version 9 - 'Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.app'
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Using the Home Edition of Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac?
Watch the video below to see how to uninstall the program.