Sophos Update Manager (SUM) by default checks for updates of the endpoint virus engine version and the version of SUM on a schedule of every 60 minutes every day of the week. Threat detection data (IDE files) is updated every 10 minutes.
This article explains how to change your SUM so that virus engine version and SUM versions are only checked for/updated in a specific window of time during the day while leaving threat detection data to be updated every 10 minutes.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Update Manager
What To Do
On a computer with the Sophos Enterprise Console installed:
- Open the console and from the toolbar select 'View' | 'Update managers'.
- In the 'Update managers' panel double-click the required SUM to open the configuration options.
- Click on the 'Schedule' tab.
- Under 'Software updating' section select the 'Set up and manage scheduled updates' option.
- Click on 'Add...'
- In the 'Update Schedule' window give the new schedule a name and choose the days when SUM should update.'
- Under 'Time to check for updates click on 'Add...'
Important: The schedule must cover a full 24-hour period. Follow the remaining steps below to set when and when not to check for updates.
- In the 'Update Interval' window specify a 'Interval' time for when to check for updates, the frequency to check and then click OK.
- Click 'Add...' again and set the 'Interval' for when not to update and select the 'Do not check for updates' option and then click OK.
- Click 'OK' to confirm the new schedule.
- Finally click 'OK' to set the set configuration.