This article describes how to change the synchronization value by which Android and iOS devices are synchronized with the SMC server, in order to update the device information.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
What To Do
To change the synchronization value for Android devices:
- Log in to the Sophos Mobile Control web management.
- In the section "Command bundles", click "Bundles".
- Click the "Plus" button to create a new bundle.
- Enter a name and a version as necessary, and select the Android versions with which you want use this command bundle.
- Click the "Plus" button to add new commands.
- Select the command "setConfiguration".
- For the name, use "MaxSyncGap", and for the value, and define the length of time in minutes. Note that if you set time to "0" automatic sync is turned off.
- Click "Apply" then "Save".
- Transfer the newly created command bundle to the Android devices on which you would like to change the sync interval.
- After successful deployment, the sync interval will have changed to your new settings.
To change the synchronization value for iOS devices:
- Connect to the Operating System of your SMC server.
- Execute the "Configuration Wizard".
- Stop the SMC service.
- Skip the database configuration, and click "Next".
- Select the checkbox "Configure Exchange Active Sync Proxy", and click "Next".
- In the "EAS Proxy Setup" dialog, configure as required and select "Next".
- In the field "Device sync interval (in minutes)" enter the required value. This will set the sync interval for iOS devices.
- Click "Next", then click "Next" again.
- Start the SMC service.
- Click "Finish".