This article explains how to fix Sophos Update Manager (referred to as 'SUM') if you previously attempted a repair, as per the steps provided in the Sophos Enterprise Console or Sophos Control Centre recovery article.
- This fix has been designed to work with Sophos Update Manager (SUM) version '18.104.22.168' and later.
- It will install version '22.214.171.124' as part of the repair.
- On the next update the SUM version will revert to a previous version if this was configured within the Update Manager policy. You must then run this against all affected SUM install sets.
- You may see a 'Downloading binaries' message in the 'Download status' column on the Sophos Enterprise Console, this should clear itself in time.
- The MD5 checksum for the file you download in step one is:
- If you have multiple SUMs which experience the same symptoms you must run through the following steps on the parent SUM (that contacts Sophos' warehouse (databank)) and then on any further child SUMs (that update from the parent SUM).
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Update Manager
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
What To Do
- Download the SUM release from: SUMUpdateIDEFix.zip. You can right-click the link in your browser and select 'Save link/target as...'
- Save the zip file to the server hosting Sophos Update Manager (parent SUM first) or Sophos Control Center.
- Extract the contents of the zip to the
- Double-click on
SUMUpdateIDEFix.exe to launch the fix tool.
- Accept the EULA and continue with the installer.
- If you have configured SUM to a custom location, you must now adjust the ‘Destination Folder’ for the replacement of the missing files as necessary.
Note: the default location would be either:
C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\To confirm the location set, check the LocalPath set within the system.xml.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Update Manager
- The repair tool will confirm the repair has completed.
- Do one of the following according to whether you have Enterprise Console or Sophos Control Center:
- In Enterprise Console, in Update Managers View, force an 'Update Now' from the Update Manager affected.
- In Sophos Control Center, Select 'Update Now'.