Running Sophos UTM 9 installable extensions on Windows 8.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Authentication Agent (SAA), Sophos IPSEC VPN Client, Sophos SSL VPN Client.
Running Sophos UTM 9 installable extensions on Windows 8
- No changes are needed for running client-side programs with Windows 8 aside from normal installations (when compatible).
- Sophos UTM 9 is a gateway product and not directly dependent on Windows 8 as a platform. However UTM 9 has an installable SSL VPN Client, a lightweight authentication client (for user identification), and an IPSEC VPN client (OEM’d from NCP) which are affected.
- Sophos has been aware of Windows 8 and is working toward full compatibility with the accessory extensions of UTM 9 which are Windows installable.
- The IPSEC VPN installable client will work as of release version 10.31
- Currently the Sophos Authentication Agent (SAA) and SSL VPN is compatible with UTM version 9.004
There are currently no known issues. For further information on UTM 9 endpoint protection and Windows 8:
See knowledgebase article 118304
Support for Windows 8 by other Sophos products
For an overview of all Sophos products support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, see knowledgebase article 118319.