The following information applies to both SafeGuard Enterprise and SafeGuard Easy.
SafeGuard Enterprise and SafeGuard Easy version 6.1 will be compatible with Windows 8 and provide enhanced management and recovery functions for BitLocker 8 encryption.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
- All licenses containing SafeGuard Enterprise, i.e. subscription and perpetual.
- SafeGuard Easy
Running SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy on Windows 8
- SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy version 6.1 and above will be supported on Windows 8.
Note that SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy version 6.1 will be compatible with Windows 8 and provide enhanced management and recovery functions for BitLocker 8 encryption.
- SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy 6.1 is not supported on Windows 8 RT platforms.
- SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy Device Encryption 6.1 is not supported on Windows 8 Storage Spaces.
- SafeGuard Device Encryption 6.1 uses Bitlocker 8 as its encryption engine for Windows 8 platforms. This will work for UEFI firmware.
How to install SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy on Windows 8
Installation and deployment of SafeGuard Enterprise/Easy is the same on Windows 8 as for earlier Windows operating systems.
Support for Windows 8 by other Sophos products
For an overview of all Sophos products support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, see knowledgebase article 118319.