This article shows you how to locate and confirm which console group policy a computer listed in the Enterprise Console is using.
You have to first identify the group the computer is associated with, then from the group container you can find out the policies applied.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Enterprise Console 5.2.0
Enterprise Console 5.1.0
Enterprise Console 5.0.0
What To Do
In the Enterprise Console:
Confirm the group
- Select the 'Status' tab.
- Scroll to the right and locate the 'Group' column.
- Make a note of the group the computer is in. As groups can have sub-groups make a note of the full path. For example '\servers' (where the value starts with a backslash (\)) indicates that the group is a top-level group. If the group column showed '\siteA\servers\DCs' the computer is located directly in the 'DCs' group, which is a child group under the parent 'servers' which is under the top-level group 'siteA'.
- The 'Group' column is shown on console tabs other than the 'Status' tab, however the value is replicated.
- If the group label shown is '\Unassigned' the computer will not have any policies assigned to it. The computer needs to be moved to a computer group (yellow folder under the 'Groups' panel) before policies can be associated to it.
View or change the policy applied
- From the 'Groups' panel locate the group name noted in the section above. If required expand the group hierarchy to locate the precise group the computer is located in.
- Right-click the group and select 'View/Edit Group Policy Details'
- From the 'Group Details window make a note of the names of the required policies that are applied to the group.
Edit the policy
If required you can now locate the policy from the 'Policies' panel and view/edit the policy details as required.