This article explains how to upgrade your installation of Sophos Control Center (SCC) 4 to Enterprise Console 5.x.
- You should not uninstall the Sophos Control Center component before installing the Enterprise Console. Removing the Control Center component and leaving the database attached to the existing SQL instance will result in a database upgrade failure when installing the Enterprise Console (the error shown will mention:
Database upgrade failed. Please see KBA 113946).
- For further information on what upgrade paths are possible see: Upgrade Paths to Sophos Enterprise Console
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Control Center 4.1
Sophos Control Center 4.0.1
Sophos Control Center 4.0.0
What To Do
Step 1 - Upgrade license
Before you will be able to upgrade your Sophos Control Centre you should first upgrade your license to cover the new product. In the vast majority of cases this is a free upgrade that is explained further in the upgrade centre.
Step 2 - Link credentials
Once you have been issued with your new license credentials you should then link these to your MySophos account to allow you to download Enterprise Console from the website.
- Browse to website
- Log into your MySophos account
- On the left hand pane, select 'Add Product Credentials'
- Input your new username and license number
Step 3 - Download the software
Now that you have linked your new license details to your MySophos account you will have access to the Enterprise Console downloads section.
- Log into your MySophos account at https://secure.sophos.com/mysophos
- Place your mouse over 'Support' and select 'Downloads and Updates'
- Locate the name of the new license and expand the list 'Console'
- Select the product line 'Sophos Enterprise Console'
- Download the current version of Enterprise Console
Step 4 - Upgrade Sophos Control Center
Once the software has been downloaded you are now ready to start upgrading your Control Center installation to Enterprise Console. The below YouTube video provides a video walk through of these steps to assist you in the process.
To view the video in a language other than English, click on the 'Playlist' bar at the bottom of this video window.