When installing or upgrading Enterprise Console 5.x, the installation fails with the following message:
Unable to install Database - A custom action failed.
Note: This article is a landing page linking to known issues that can cause the install, upgrade or uninstall to fail in this way. This article is linked from article 114627 which is linked from the installer when the installation fails.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 5.0.0
There are potentially many reasons why the installer can fail in this way.
What To Do
If the cause is not listed below, consult the install logs created by the installer. Refer to the bottom of article: 114627 for more details on checking the installation log files created during the upgrade or install. The following issues are understood to cause the symptoms described.
- Unable to install Database - AddAdminsAccountsToGroup: Error 0x8007056c (Keywords: 0x8007056c, AddAdminsAccountsToGroup, 'Sophos DB Admins', Administrators)
- Unable to install Database - AddAdminsAccountsToGroup: Error 0x80070560: NetLocalGroupAddMembers failed (Keywords:0x80070560, NetLocalGroupAddMembers, 'Sophos DB Admins')
- Unable to install Database - AddAdminsAccountsToGroup: Error 0x80072141 (Keywords: 'The specified group type is invalid', ERROR_DS_INVALID_GROUP_TYPE, 0x80072141, 80072141, 923354)
- Unable to install Database - A custom action failed: Existing database files on disk (Keywords: RunDBScript)
- Unable to install Database - Due to previous Enterprise Console database not being accessible (Keywords: Upgrade, 'FromSCC4, Line 24', ''SOPHOS4, Database 'SOPHOS4' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details.)