In the Enterprise Console, on the Sophos Update Manager (SUM) list view, the errors corresponding to a SUM may be listed against another SUM, potentially flagging a working SUM as failing and vice versa. The more SUMs you are managing the higher the chance of this issue occurring.
First seen in
Enterprise Console 4.5.0
Note: This issue is fixed in version 5.2.1 of Sophos Enterprise Console.
The database stored procedure 'ErrorLatestForComputerIDListGet' fails to order the computer ID list correctly.
What To Do
Update the stored procedure 'ErrorLatestForComputerIDListGet' in your database by running the appropriate SQL file below for your version of the console.
- It is strongly recommended before carrying out the following steps that you backup the Enterprise Console database before updating it. Article 17323 has a list of databases names to console versions for reference. If you are using Enterprise Console 5.0 or later you can use the tool BackupDataRestore as documented in article 114299, for other versions of Enterprise Console see article: 110380.
- When upgrading to future versions prior to Enterprise Console 5.2.1 you will be required to perform this same procedure against the database associated with the new version installed.
- Close down any console that may be open.
- On the computer hosting the Sophos database, download the appropriate SQL file from the list below:
- Once downloaded remove the
.txt extension to make it a
- Execute the following command:
sqlcmd -E -S (local)\sophos -i C:\SUMErrors[verion].sql
(local)\Sophos represents a local SQL Server instance called Sophos (this is the default instance name).
The text: [version] should be updated to reflect the file name downloaded.
- Restart the service "Sophos Management Service". (Start | Run | Type:
services.msc | Press return).
- Re-launch the console, check the SUM list view to confirm the issue has been resolved.