Communication to Android devices using Googles C2DM is not possible
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control 2.0.3
Sophos Mobile Control 2.0.2
Sophos Mobile Control 2.0
Android 2.2 or higher
There can be several reasons why the communication via Googles C2DM is not working which are listed below.
What To Do
Possible Server related reasons:
- Have you registered an account to be able to use Googles C2DM protocol according to KBA 114566?
- Is the account and the corresponding password entered at the SMC webmanagement (Settings | Android C2DM)?
- Can the SMC-server connect to the website www.google.com using port 443?
Possible Client side issues:
- Is a Google account configured in the Google Play Store app? This is necessary to successfully use C2DM.
- Has the device synchronized its C2DM information to the server. On the SMC server check the device details of the affected device.
Do the values "C2DM Registration ID" and "C2DM Registration Status" exist for this device? If they do not exists, synchronize the device.
- Make sure the device is not in a network where port 5228 is blocked. This port is required by the device to communicate with the C2DM servers.