An administrator may wish to block outbound email to a specific address. This could be to enforce a security policy or help prevent data leakage.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Email Appliance
What To Do
Log onto the Sophos Email Appliance administration interface.
- Select Configuration > Policy > Additional Policy > Outbound
- Click the "Add..." button on the right hand side
- Rule Type - Select "Watch list" from the radio buttons and click "Next"
- Select Users - On the "Include Recipient" tab select "Custom groups" and enter the external address address you wish to block users from contacting. Then click "Add".
- Mail Action - Select the action as required (discard, quarantine, etc) and click "Next"
- Rule Description - Name the rule and check the activate box to begin using it. Click "Save"
Once the rule has been saved it will be visible in the additional policies screen. A green tick icon will signify that it is active.