Promoted Master Security Officer (MSO)/ Security Officer (SO) user has changed their password in AD and is now unable to log in to the Management Center with their new password. It only authenticates with the old password.
First seen in
SafeGuard Management Center
When a user is initially imported into the Management Center, their certificate password is their Windows password. If they then change their password in AD, it does not change the password associated with the certificate defined in the Management Center for that user.
Therefore, if this user is a promoted MSO/SO and their password is changed, they will still need to log into the Management Center using their certificate password (which is still set against the old password).
What To Do
To change the user login password for the Management Center, you need to create a new certificate for the user in the Management Center and promote them again.
This is done as follows:
- Log into the Management Center using a different MSO account.
- Click on the affected user and click on the 'Certificate' tab.
- Highlight the certificate and delete this. You will receive a warning that they are an SO, click on 'Yes' and 'OK'.
- Click on the 'add certificate' icon and enter their new password, click 'OK'.
- Promote the user.
- Log out of the Management Center. The affected user should now be able to log in using their new password.