This article explains how to upgrade to SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration (SGLC Administration) version 3.61.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration 126.96.36.199
What To Do
The update procedure consists of 4 steps:
- Ensure that a Master Security Officer (MSO) account exists that is able to log on.
- Create a full backup of the database SGLC.
2. Updating the SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration
- On all administrative systems, install SGLC Administration version 188.8.131.52
- On each of these SGLC Administration installations apply the patch (184.108.40.206)
3. Updating the database structure
- For each of these SGLC Administration installations 3.61.4, copy the application "createtables.exe" from the patch 220.127.116.11 "Administration Database migration application patch".
- Execute CreateTables with parameter "u" (e.g.
CreateTables SGLC.dbo m u).
4. Creating a new Recovery Key
- Because an existing recovery key will be deleted during the database upgrade, you must log in to the SGLC Administration as MSO and create a new recovery key.
If CreateTables has found some referential integrity errors, the upgrade cannot be executed until these errors are fixed. These errors can either be fixed by CreateTables automatically (next step) or they have to be corrected manually using SGLC Scripting API or SQL statements (for further information see Knowledgebase article 112531).
If you find some referential integrity errors, perform the following steps to continue with migration:
- Execute CreateTables with parameter "ur" (e.g. CreateTables SGLC.dbo m ur). All referential integrity errors will be fixed and the database upgraded.
- Run the script CheckMACAndRepair.vbs to complete the correction of the referential integrity errors. Please run this script several times until no more errors are reported.
- Log in to SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration. You may find a new group “LostAndFound”, which contains objects (users, groups, encryption rules) that were reassigned during the database repair. These objects can be moved to other groups or they can be deleted if they are not used any more.
- If there was a database recovery key existing, it was deleted during the upgrade and it cannot be used with version 3.61 and later. Please log in to the SafeGuard LAN Crypt Administration as Master Security Officer and create a new recovery key.
If you execute Create Table from PC without SGLC Administration 3.61 then you need to install Visual Studio Run time 2005 otherwise you will get an error message.
For more information about the error message and how to solve it see article 109016.